Eastman ATV May 2020 Update
Continue to be aware of 2 Meter Physical Distancing
We have the following Ride changes;
• May 9th Whitemouth Ride Tentatively CANCELED (Once the Province lifts the current 10 person maximum gathering we will have club rides.)
• June 6th ATV Ride for Mom with Eastman ATV is CANCELED. It will be back June 5th 2021.
• June 27th Mars Hill – status to be determined.
From the Provincial government, we are to cancel all non essential travel until further notice. We will abide by this directive as all Manitobans are in an effort to stop transmission of Covid-19. We look forward to getting to our ride schedule as much as you are. As soon as groups of over 10 can meet our rides will go ahead.
Additionally to protect our membership we request that members do not invite guests on rides until further notice. Club rides will be members only. I fully expect we will be having club rides this summer, hopefully for June we will be back on track.
1) Consider where you park, unload, load up that you are giving the proper distance.
2) When you line up for a ride leave 4 meters of space in front of you when coming up to another ORV. This is the same for stops you make during a ride. Please take the necessary action to keep physical distance, and set an example for others.
3) If your machine is being recovered or repaired by someone else, step 2 meters away from your machine until they have completed their task, and they have walked away from your machine before returning to your machine. Effective to stop the transmission;of Covid-19 * keep a distance of 2 meters from others at all times. Wear a face mask or dust mask when in general conversation with other riders.
We have 59 members in our club today. A really big thank you to these members for showing continued support through this pandemic as this will be a challenging year for many of us. Keeping up with membership allows your club to continue building for tomorrow, that momentum keeps your club focused on trail development so we can go have great rides with your own group or with the club rides. Welcome, welcome new members, we are glad you have joined in support of an organized effort to ensure we have a sustainable trail system now and moving forward, or to come and enjoy club rides Membership means different things to different people so feel free to attend or not attend club functions. As a member I will keep you informed of all rides, events and updates. I have called most of the membership, and will continue to call all 2020 members to ensure you have received your membership and if you have any questions I can help with. Eastman ATV is looking for a few Trail work volunteers, please contact me and i will give you a call to discuss.
Special Mention Andy Brant was the 1st president of Eastman ATV Association Inc. He developed the original constitution and organized a number of key people that would go on to be key founders in developing organized ATVing in Manitoba, many thanks to Andy for founding the EATV club we all know today. At our wind up this fall we will be recognizing the many members that have been a part of this club for both 5 and 10 years, and will celebrate those anniversaries.
DANGER: Please consider, many members care for people in the high risk category or belong to the high risk category. Please respect Physical Distancing, if we all do that we create a barrier for the high risk.
See all the clubs, join one, https://www.atvmb.ca/clubs.php